1. Eggnog or Hot Chocolate?
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree?
"Santa" wraps them.
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white?
I don't know that I have a preference for the tree. I like blue lights on the houses. There's a house nearby with Hanukkah lights that I like.
4. Do you hang mistletoe?
No. I try to avoid opportunities for kissing my roommates and I'm sure they appreciate that as well.
5. When do you put your decorations up?
Currently never. It used to be when we got around to it.
6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)?
Hard to beat country ham. I also like Dad's steaks or goulash (not traditionally holiday dishes but we often have one or the other for Christmas lunch) and Mom's scalloped oysters.
7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child:
I don't have a lot of specific childhood holiday memories. I like the time I was planning to kiss Rudolph when Santa came.
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa?
I don't remember when, I'm pretty sure it was on Whig Ct. My memory is that I hid behind the couch and saw Mom and Dad putting out the presents. I don't know if that's a reliable memory.
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve?
No. Though we used to go over to Uncle Mike and Aunt Marcie's when they lived in Frankfort on Christmas Eve and we'd open their gifts to us then.
10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree?
I place it in a prime natural location such as a forest, tree farm, sales lot, or in a store and allow God to do with it as he sees fit.
11. Snow! Love it or Dread it?
I love it except when driving.
12. Can you ice skate?
I used to could. I might still could. I used to like the falling. I doubt I'm as enthusiastic about it as I once was.
13. Do you remember your favorite gift?
The Alamo that Dad made for me.
14. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you?
Reflecting on God's love in Jesus' incarnation.
15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert?
Sentimentally it's Granny's sugar and fruitcake cookies. Realistically it is probably her fudge.
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition?
I enjoy listening to "How Come Christmas?" I especially liked the inadvertant pause that always snuck in when Sandy Claus said, "Thank you kindly ... Lawd." Daddy would read the first part as if it were the whole sentence. Then when he turned the page he'd add the rest. I was a little sad when he started to remember it.
17. What tops your tree?
Pine needles I suppose.
18. Which do you prefer giving or Receiving?
I actually prefer receiving. Giving is nice but is always accompanied by a tinge of "will they like it?" anxiety.
19. What is your favorite Christmas Song?
O Come, O Come, Emmanuel.
20. Candy Canes! Yuck or Yum?
21. Favorite Christmas movie?
Maybe in a couple of days I'll say the nativity story but for now it's either National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation or It's a Wonderful Life
22. What do you leave for Santa?
He can have my tree.