Saturday, July 15, 2006

Driving South and Psalm of the Day

In keeping with traditional vacation departure patterns I planned to leave the apartment yesterday at 7:30 a.m. I got out at about 9. Fortunately by the time I got to work the Friday morning break had started and there were Krispy Kremes eagerly awaiting my teeth. I rocketed off from Trinity at about a quarter to 2 cdt and got in to Georgetown at about 20 to 11 edt. In between I got to see lots of rigs, smell some fresh northern Indiana manure, see a beautiful sunset through my rearview mirror, listen to Dallas Willard read his book about spiritual formation, and listen to my new Lost Dogs cd. It was a pretty good trip. Today we will continue in my southward journey by heading to Nashville to visit Ann and Daniel. There will be much fun had even if I have to drive a Ford to get there. As you can imagine I may be a little more irregular in my blogging for the next few days. Perhaps you'll want to go back and reread all my previous posts for a fix. Or maybe you can imagine the posts I might otherwise have written. Email any hypothetical posts to me. If their up to our rigourous editorial standards, i.e. written with confused punctuation, extraneious parenthetical remarks, dubious spelling, and copious run-on sentences, we'll consider publishing them. Otherwise read some other blog or post to your own. Psalm of the Day:
Praise the LORD, all nations! Extol him, him all peoples! For great is his steadfast love toward us, and the faithfulness of the LORD endures forever. Praise the LORD!" Psalm 117 (ESV)

4 comments:

ann said...

Daniel read me that same psalm this morning on the porch. Only it sounded a little like this, from the NIV:

Prez de Lod, all you nations; extol heem, all you peoples. For gret is hiss lov toward us, and the fethfulness of de Lod endures forever. Prez de Lod.

Jenn-Jenn, the Mother Hen said...

Have lots of fun, be careful, and hug Annie-lou and Daniel for me! And hug your momma and daddy too!

Anonymous said...

I noticed that you referred to yourself in the plural in this blog. Your spelling also amused me at times.

As to thinking up a hypothetical blog for you, I'm not sure I'm up to it.

Anonymous said...

Gee, he must have driven REALLY far south! It's been three days, and according to his blog, he's still driving! Wow!

(hint, hint: update your blog and let us know what ya'll are doing! LOL)