Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Verse of the Day

"Whoever works his land
will have plenty of bread
but he who follows worthless
pursuits lacks sense." Proverbs 12:11 (ESV)

The Bible has a few things to say about following worthless pursuits and they almost always convict me. I waste a lot of time in my life doing stuff that if I could only see objectively I'd immediately know there were several things that I valued more highly. I'd like to be able to look at a day from the start as I'll see it from the end and evaluate things before I begin them as I would once they were complete. I'd like to think about something, "I'm pretty sure I'll enjoy doing it, but will I enjoy having done it?"

4 comments:

annalu alulu said...

That post could've used a little more punctuation. I had to read it three times. I know you're used to languages without punctuation, and i'm the worst rambler ever, but still. I was surprised.

but i agree with you (as much as I don't want to think about it)

Jenn Hacker said...

Umm... considering the fact that it's already after 10 a.m., and I've only done about 15 minutes worth of stuff that is actually work-related, and not blog-related, I think I need to tape this post to my desk!

annalu alulu said...

I think something's wrong with my computer. I keep checking your blog and hitting "refresh", and the blog from two days ago keeps popping up. It's not even monday! And it's 11:15. nag nag

See ya tomorrow! Oh, are you on the road to Georgetown, by chance?

Jenn Hacker said...

I'm having the same trouble, Ann. Must be a glitch on Blogger. LOL!