Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Verse of the Day

"Trust in the LORD with all your heart,
and do not lean on your own understanding.
In all your ways acknowledge him,
and he will make straight your paths." Proverbs 3:5-6 (ESV)

This is my first intentionally repeated verse of the day. I think Proverbs 3 is a good chapter for meditating on at the start of a year. A couple of years ago Ann suggested we have a devotional time at New Years and asked me to come up with something. I chose Prov. 3:1-12 because it's how we ought always to be thinking and living, especially when we're thinking about how we ought to be thinking and living. One of the handy things about reading a chapter of Proverbs a day is that you always get this one right near the beginning of the month. Hopefully I'll turn back to it more often as the month goes by.


No comments: