Thursday, August 03, 2006

Mormons and Two Quotes I like

The Mormons came back last night. We talked for about an hour and a half about the Book of Mormon and truth and how the Holy Spirit reveals truth. They're coming back in three weeks. Actually one isn't as he's finished his mission and is heading home to Utah. It was an interesting conversation that bears some real thinking about.

Bearing no relation to that whatsoever are two movie quotes. I was thinking about this a little last Saturday after Steve and I watched Dune. What are my favorite quotes or scenes from each of the movies I own? So I might start posting random quotes and observations from movies.

From David Lynch's Dune:
As the Fremen are about to launch an assault on the combined Imperial and Harkonnen forces.
"Stilgar, do we have worm sign?" Paul "Usul" Atreides
"Usul, we have worm sign the likes of which God himself has never seen!" Stilgar

From Miller's Crossing:
"Tommy, wake up." bartender
"I am awake." Tom Regan
"Your eyes are shut." bartender
"Who you gonna' believe." Tom

No comments: