Wednesday, March 17, 2010

St. Patrick's Day

Some things I just don't let go by (sometimes). This year I decided I'd take a break from listening to audio books in the car for a couple of weeks and just listen to music. I grabbed my Eden's Bridge Celtic Psalms and Celtic Praise CD's and have been listening to them in the car. For a long time I've loved their song "Beginning and End" which I believe is loosely based on St. Patrick's Breastplate which I posted a version of last year. Here are the lyrics to "Beginning and End" by Eden's Bridge.

"God in the darkness and God in the morning
God in the work and the pain and the play
Lord of all Heaven and Earth's great creator
God at beginning and end of the day

God in the tiniest infinite detail
God in the nearest and furthest away
Lord of all Heaven and Earth's great creator
God at beginning and end of the day

I lay down my tears and my hatred
Tear down the curtain of sin
Open my heart and let all that is good enter in

I lay down, my heart is so weary
And gaze on His presence with awe
There's nothing too small to entrust to the infinite God

God for the humble and meek and bewildered
God for the nearest and furthest away
Lord of all Heaven and Earth's great creator
God at beginning and end of the day."

That second line in the first chorus is what really struck me this time. "God in the work and the pain and the play." Especially the idea of God in the work and the pain has been speaking to me this week. I've been wanting my faith to be more apparent, to me at least, in my work. Just singing this song quietly all day yesterday and today has done wonders for my attitude. Also I tweaked one of my knees playing wallyball on Sunday so I've been experiencing more pain than usual. Again it's good to remember God is there in the pain, even when it's not very dramatic pain. Anyway, I wish you all a happy St. Patrick's Day aftermath. Slainte.

1 comment:

*Amaris I.* said...

That is sooo neat-O!! I'm currently listening to the song. I've never heard it before but when you put the lyrics up I was like "I need to hear this" Its a good song ^_^ I'm glad that its helped to give you the kind of attitude yer striving for at work in showing yer faith.

I'm sorry to hear that you tweaked yer knee during wallyball. It was pretty intense I must say =P I have been feeling pretty sore from it myself.

Its definitely a cool thing to know that God is with us in pain and even at play. Thanks for sharing.